Leuven is a beautiful and historic city in Belgium with plenty of things to see and do. Here are some suggestions for activities to do in Leuven:
- Visit the historic town center: Leuven has a well-preserved historic town center, featuring beautiful architecture from the medieval, Gothic, and Renaissance periods. Don’t miss the magnificent Town Hall, which is one of the most impressive Gothic town halls in Europe.
- Explore the museums: Leuven has several museums worth visiting, such as the M-Museum, which houses a fantastic collection of Flemish art, and the Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art.
- Sample the local beer: Belgium is known for its beer, and Leuven is no exception. The city is home to the world-famous Stella Artois brewery, and there are plenty of cozy pubs and bars to sample some of the many delicious Belgian beers on offer.
- Take a walking tour: Join a guided walking tour to explore the city’s historic streets and landmarks, learn about its history and culture, and get insider tips from a local guide.
- Visit the botanical garden: The Hortus Botanicus Lovaniensis is a beautiful botanical garden located on the outskirts of the city center. It’s a great place to take a leisurely stroll, enjoy the peaceful surroundings, and admire the many different plants and flowers.
- Attend a cultural event: Leuven has a vibrant cultural scene, with plenty of festivals, concerts, and other events taking place throughout the year. Check the local listings to see what’s on during your visit.
- Visit the university: The Katholieke Universiteit Leuven is one of the oldest and most prestigious universities in Europe. Take a stroll through the campus to admire the beautiful architecture and soak up the academic atmosphere.
These are just a few suggestions to get you started, but there is much more to see and do in Leuven.