A special Membership model for Consortia
To accommodate the unique needs and functions of consortia representing multiple Ex Libris customers, IGeLU offers the following model for consortial members worldwide.
The main benefit for any consortium to opt for this model is the facility to vote as IGeLU consortium collective in NERS enhancement ballots without having to organize this internally.
IGeLU facilitates that any consortium that registers to vote as a collective immediately transfers the voting right from participating consortial institution to the consortium.
The other benefit of the consortial membership model is the membership fee discount of €50 per registered consortia member.
For IGeLU the consortial membership model is also attractive, because it saves a lot of administrative work and it enlarges the customer representation.
Guidelines and rules:
The IGeLU Statute is mentioning (art. III, 1) “Membership shall be open to any body and/or organization or group of bodies and/or organizations…”
The “group of bodies and/or organizations” in this Consortial Membership Model will be referred to as a consortium, no matter what type of membership the consortium chooses to register.
IGeLU individual members:
- This is the regular membership.
- Any consortium that does not want to formally represent other institutions can register as an IGeLU individual member and will be treated and billed that way.
IGeLU consortium member: any IGeLU member that claims to represent other IGeLU members:
- It’s the decision of the consortium to claim this kind of membership.
- The IGeLU consortium member must pay for all the IGeLU members it represents and is responsible for all the administrative data of the IGeLU members it represents.
IGeLU consortium institutions: any IGeLU member that is represented by an IGeLU consortium member:
- This member does not pay itself and all administrative data comes from the IGeLU consortium member
- The membership voting rights depend on the choice of the IGeLU consortium member.
- A consortium is an entity that presents itself to IGeLU representing a group of consortium institutions to become IGeLU member.
- Any agency or other collective operating group of libraries that claims the IGeLU consortium membership will be asked by the IGeLU administration to present an outline of the nature and operations of the consortium.
- The IGeLU Steering Committee has the exclusive rights to allow or deny this form of membership to any application for it to prevent abuse of the membership model for the sole purpose to benefit from reduced membership fees.
- Each consortium must provide a list of the IGeLU consortium institutions it represents annually, including the name of a contact person and related information for each Institution, to ensure we bill the consortium correctly and to allow consortium institutions attending the annual conference to get the correct member rate.
- The administration of each consortium institution in the IGeLU database is also needed to give each consortium institution separate credentials to logon to protected content on our website and to NERS.
- Each consortium can decide to transfer the voting rights from all consortium institutions to the consortium to allow for collective voting by the consortium. This needs to be decided at the start of every calendar year.
Consortia will pay in one lump membership fees for each consortium institution, including the consortium member itself less €50 per consortuim intitution (inclusing the consortium member itself), if they want to represent as IGeLU member.
How to apply:
Any consortium that wants to apply for the Consortial Membership Model can contact the IGeLU secretary.