The IGeLU Steering Committee met last week to discuss the IGeLU 2022 Conference (13-15 September) and Developers Day (12 September) format and it was agreed that we will proceed with IGeLU 2022 Conference in Cardiff, Wales as a Hybrid Conference.
So what is a hybrid conference. In a hybrid model attendees are either physically located in the same place or they are attending remotely.
In reaching our decision we took into consideration the following
- Levels of COVID vaccination rates
- Timing of the conference – COVID case loads statistically are not high over summer and early autumn
- Impacts of the latest COVID variant
- COVID protocols that we will have in place during the conference
- Institutional budgets to allow conference attendance
- Informal networking opportunities which are more readily available when delegates attend conferences in-person
We are currently in discussions with the Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama, WHELF and Prodution78 to ensure that we deliver a great conference to you whether you are attending physically or remotely. Currently we have a call out for Presentations (https://igelu.org/call-for-presentations/) and I encourage you all to submit a presentation as conference attendees are always eager to hear about what other people are doing.