Our chair has to step down
According with the IGeLU Statute https://igelu.org/about-us/constitution we will have to renovate the IGeLU Steering Committee during the next IGeLU meeting in Budapest
The first voting procedure will be for the election of a new Chair:
Jiri Kende is at the end of his office and, since he served for three consecutive periods as Chair, he cannot run again this Year.
And other SC position become vacant
After the election and the announcement of the new IGeLU Chair, we will be asked to renovate also the Steering Committee
We have 2 official vacant positions this Year, due to the fact that:
- Peter Klien – Austrian Library Network & Services Ltd, Austria – [2011–2013; 2013-2015]
- Mark Dehmlow – University of Notre Dame, USA – [2012–2013; 2013-2015]
are at the end of their office.
Peter Klien has decided to step down from the Steering Committee and will not apply for re-election.
Mark Dehmlow is available for another term.
But the reason why the Statute mandates voting for the Chair before and not at the same time of the SC is because in case a member of the SC will be elected as new Chair, it will be possible to have 3 vacant positions (and not only 2) in the SC to be renovated.
The ones that stay
The other Steering Committee members in charge for one more Year are:
- Naomi Greidinger – University of Haifa, Israel – [2012-2014; 2014-2016]
- Theo Engelman – Utrecht University, Netherlands – [2012–2014; 2014-2016]
- Dave Allen – State Library of Queensland, Australia – [2014–2016]
- Jiri Kende – Free University of Berlin, Germany – past Chair [2015-2016]
The voting procedure will take place at the 10th IGeLU Annual Meeting in Budapest (Hungary), during the Assembly of Members. session 4 in the programme.
The institutions that are not planning to send their representatives to the Assembly of Members, will be able to act their vote by proxy (a specific message will be sent in the due time).
If you wish to present your candidacy or you would like to propose a candidate from an IgeLU member Institution, please feel free to contact me, preferably before or at the Annual Meeting. The candidates will be asked to present themselves during the Assembly with the help of few ppt slides.
Candidates already volunteering
At the moment, I received the following candidacies and proposals:
Fore the Chair position:
- Theo Engelmann – Utrecht University, Netherlands – SC member 2012–2016
For the Steering Committee:
- Mark Dehmlow – University of Notre Dame, USA – SC member 2012–2015
- Shameem Nilofar – Singapore Management University
- Tracey Clarke – University of Sheffield, UK
On looking forward to hear from you. Best regards,
Guido Badalamenti; email@example.com
On behalf of the IGeLU SC